Welcome Apartment Industry Advocates! On this page you will find everything you need for Lobby Day at the 2015 NAA Capitol Conference.
Reporting Your Meetings to Us
We collect information about your Hill visits to promote the industry’s collective meetings, to arrange photography and for other advocacy purposes. Please send the following information to Carly Simpson as soon as you schedule your meetings:
• Meeting date
• Meeting location
• Names of NAA members attending
• Name of member of Congress
• Meeting time
• Will the member and/or staff be present at the meeting?
• Names of Congressional staff attending
Resources for Scheduling and Planning Your Meetings
If you are in charge of scheduling meetings, you can find the name and contact information for Congressional schedulers. When introducing your affiliate in your meeting request, please explain how you are affiliated with your local/state association and NAA. If you are not in charge of coordinating meetings on the Hill, please contact the NAA-affiliated association in your area for meeting dates and times.
This year’s Lobby Day issues are:
• Restructure Immigration Policy Fact Sheet Talking Points
• Enhance the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program Fact Sheet Talking Points
• Reform the Tax Code Fact Sheet Talking Points
Get a Head Start With the Issues
Should you have any questions on the issues, please contact Greg Brown.